Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kale Chips

I picked up some kale for my Zuppa Toscana and had a bunch left over.  I love dark leafy greens and I usually saute them in olive oil and garlic for a quick and easy side dish.  I didn't want to do the same old routine with the kale so I tried baking them so they become crispy, like a chip.  They turned out so delicious!  They are versatile too, they can be eaten like chips, as a side dish, or crumbled on top of a meal for a crunchy and earthy bite.  For this particular night's meal, we made salmon tostadas and laid the kale on top for even more crunch.

I wash and dried the kale, remove the stems, and cut them into chip size pieces.  I put them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drizzled olive oil and soy sauce.  You can use salt instead of soy sauce if you'd like.  Tossed the kale and threw it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.  They will turn a little brown on the edges and that is when you know they are done.  Take them out mid way through cooking to turn them a bit and that's it.  So easy and delicious!


No comments: