Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cheesecake Lollipops with Bacon

For the Superbowl, my friend Neil has a big party where he gets a taco guy to serve authentic Mexican food to your hearts content.  It's an awesome affair and aside from chips and dips, I wanted to make something that didn't compete with Mexican food and could win over meatheads everywhere.  I saw this recipe and thought I would put a little spin on it and cover my cheesecake with dark chocolate and an assortment of toppings.  I rolled them in bacon, Heath Bar, sprinkles, or salt.

So yummy!
The recipe is a fairly simple cheesecake, baked and rolled into balls.  I have never made a cheesecake before but it seemed pretty simple.  If I were to make a real cheesecake, I probably would not use this recipe because it wasn't the best I've ever had but once it's covered in chocolate and bacon, it's less about the cheesecake.  Use your favorite cheesecake recipe (or have a little help from the store).

Not the prettiest cheesecake I've ever seen
You can use a cookie scoop to make balls of cheesecake and put a lollipop stick on top.  Freeze for at least 30 minutes.  This is important because the balls will be frozen and will help the chocolate to harden.


Once frozen it's easy to dip in chocolate and cover in your favorite toppings.  I highly recommend the bacon as it's that sweet and salty goodness in the perfect size bite!  The Heath Bar was also delicious, as are most candies that are hard enough to stick to chocolate, unlike a gooey candy like a Snickers Bar.  I would recommend the salt but only very very sporadically, too much will throw off the flavor of the cheesecake.  The sprinkles were just my nod to the team I was supporting that day.  Go Packers!


No comments: