Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The weekend, in brief

Despite not having MLK day off, the weekend was fantastic.  It really couldn't get any better with wonderful food, good friends, and the 49er's one game away from the Superbowl.  Even though it was a busy weekend, the kind where so many events fall on the same couple of days, we managed to squeeze in some quality time with friends from out of town, friends leaving the country, and friends with birthdays.


Spring Lake 


great day for a walk around the lake


birthday feast - dungeness crab deliciousness
Aside from the company, I got around to purchasing some air plants.  I have been obsessed with air plants because they are so cool and seem so easy to take care of.  I had been hesitant on purchasing them because I didn't really want to put them in vessels I had to mount on the wall or keep a bunch of small vases around the house.  We saw some air plants placed willy nilly on a rusted old bicycle at Flora Grubb and it got us thinking as to what we could use to house our own plants.  My in-laws have been nagging us to get some of our stuff out of their attic and we had found a 1930's typewriter my husband had purchased when he had high hopes on becoming a writer (I guess lawyering will have to suffice).  Because the plants can be removed for watering once a week and don't require dirt, we thought placing a few on the typewriter would be perfect.  One more thing to cross off the list!

our new air plants on a vintage typewriter

succulents @ Flora Grubb

No comments: