Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

The weekend, in brief

I'm trying something new this year.  It's a project not unlike the one picture a day or a picture for every meal project.  I'm not sure what it means yet but it is a great way to chronicle the fun, the mundane, and the little things that inspire me.


Getting ready to re-paint a chair for my vanity

New hobby - indoor rock climbing

Delicious meatball sub at a friends house - too bad about dem Bengals

Still loving winter vegetables - Brussel Sprouts stalk 

AYCE Indian - Garlic Naan

Earl Grey shortbread cookies


We bought a Groupon for indoor rock climbing at Planet Granite in San Francisco.  Planet Granite is a great space with a fantastic view.  It's situated in the Presidio with a killer view of Crissy Field and the Golden Gate Bridge.  It is an indoor rock climbing, bouldering, and yoga gym.  The facilities are amazing and the location is perfect from our house.  We can ride our bikes there and after climbing go for a run along the bay with the breath taking sights.  We took a belay class and then tried out various routes.  It's a bit of an addiction because it is challenging, a little bit scary, and requires a good amount of problem solving and working out solutions.  I'm excited to learn and improve my skills and not be such a "gumby".


I've been obsessed with Earl Grey flavored desserts for some time now and specifically I was thinking about the shortbread sandwiches cookies I had a bakery in LA called Twelve Centimeter.  It is light and delicious and I couldn't wait to make my own.  The recipe is so easy and delicious with the lime and orange zest really bringing out the flavor of the Earl Grey.  Of course because the tea is the main flavor, it's important to get a really quality tea.  The recipe is in grams which was a bit of a hassle but all worth it in the end.  These little cookies can be dangerous - so easy to pop in your mouth!

No comments: