Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Williams-Sonoma Mini Pie Maker



I love Williams-Sonoma and as always, they have their finger on the pulse of culinary trends.  Pie is the new cupcake and pie shops are popping up as fast as cupcakes shops in 2007.  I had to have one and since Christmas they have been sold out.  Well they are back in stock and my husband ordered one for me very recently as a gift and I love it!  It will take some perfecting with the crust but I think will definitely be a party pleaser.

It makes 4 mini pies in 8-15 minutes which is fabulous.  The maker comes with 2 cutters, one for the bottom crust and one for the top.  1/4 a cup of filling is all it requires and you are good to go!  One of the hassles of making pie is to have a perfect crust and this is no different.  However, making smaller pies and therefore rolling out smaller rounds of crust leave some room for error.  What is interesting is that they Breville cookbook suggest using regular pie crust for the bottom and puff pastry dough for the top.  I'm not sure exactly why that is, I believe puff pastry cooks faster than regular pie crust.  I used puff pastry for the bottom as well is some pies and I felt that combination yielded the best results.  

I made chicken pot pie, bacon mushroom pie, and quiche in this wonderful little machine and it's awesome the variety of pies one can make.  The machine is easy to clean with an easy wipe down.  I'm usually not a big fan of single use tools, but imagine all the types of pie you could try!  I highly recommend this pie maker!

No comments: