Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, Smoo Year

New Year's resolutions, I used to scoff at them. I mean, if you're going to make a vow of change, why wait until January 1, why not right NOW? Suddenly this year I'm singing a different tune. Who am I to scoff at anyone who resolves to be better, who strives to achieve their goals, even if they do wait until January 1?

Well this year, fully embracing the resolution, I decided to list my own (or at least the one's I'm willing to share). Hopefully because I've made them public, or at least public enough since I'm pretty sure I get very few readers, it will give me more incentive to resolve and to achieve.

1. Make damn good use of my Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking book. I won't complete anything close to all the recipes, but to complete more than 5 would be great.

2. Roast a whole chicken often enough to have for a week night meal.

3. Sign up for Farm Fresh to You and try new vegetables.

4. Blog more than 20 times this year.

5. Make eggrolls using my grandmother's recipe.

6. Pho sure. It's time to learn to make my life blood.

7. Print my recipes in my own Taste Book (a process more than 3 years in the making!)

I can't decide if I'm over shooting or under shooting, but hopefully, these goals will make for an interesting year. Happy New Year!


No comments: